The coronavirus outbreak has killed more than 565 people and infected over
The spike in cases in South Korea and Singapore, along with other Asian hubs like Hong Kong, have sparked fears of new, self-sustaining outbreak clusters.
• Limit human-to-human transmission including reducing secondary infections among close contacts and
health care workers, preventing transmission amplification events, and preventing further international
spread from China*;
• Identify, isolate and care for patients early, including providing optimized care for infected patients;
• Identify and reduce transmission from the animal source;
• Address crucial unknowns regarding clinical severity, extent of transmission and infection, treatment
options, and accelerate the development of diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines;
• Communicate critical risk and event information to all communities and counter misinformation;
• Minimize social and economic impact through multisectoral partnerships.
Regional Level High
Global Level High
6,686 total views, 4 views today